Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Procurement, Industrial - January 22, 2018
Nissan enters home energy storage business
Nissan announced the creation of the Nissan Energy Solar initiative as it enters the residential green-energy market, following the lead of Tesla and Mercedes-Benz.
The company describes the initiative as a combination of "world-class residential solar panels with [an] energy storage system," according to a report in CNET. This integrated system includes home energy management with real-time control over power sources. "The system can route excess energy to storage batteries, and/or use the power to charge an electric vehicle like a Nissan Leaf or e-NV200 van," says CNET. Nissan estimates electric bill savings to homeowners of as much as 66%. To date, the system is available only in the UK.
To date, the system is available only in the UK. "Over 880,000 UK homes already have solar panels installed," said Francisco Carranza, Nissan Energy’s managing director. "Nissan Energy Solar is just one step in supporting our commitment to investing in innovative energy solutions for a more sustainable future and intelligent way of living." Availability of the system in the U.S. or Canada has not been announced.
- City of Santa Monica creates zero-emissions delivery zone
- Nissan and EVgo connect Boston and Washington
- Nissan and E.ON to partner on EV charging
- Nissan's enterprisewide approach to SEP
- BMW, GM, Nissan team up to push EV deployment
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- 7-Eleven Plans 500 New EV Chargers for North American Stores
- Ford's New Science-Based Targets Revealed
- Georgetown University Partnership Boosts Energy Efficiency, Sustainability Goals
- Netflix unveils 2022 net zero ambition
- Starbucks Commissions Community Solar Projects for New York State
- Setting Sustainability Goals and Meeting Them with Reduction Targets
- The Essential Guide to Marketing Renewable Energy Achievements
- Ohio Public Schools Partner with EDP Renewables to Go Green
- The State of Demand-Side Energy Management in North America
- How to Kick-Start the Carbon Removal Market: Shopify's Playbook