Energy Efficiency, Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - February 21, 2018
IKEA UK offers tariff on 100% RE to customers
IKEA UK has partnered with the Big Clean Switch to secure an exclusive tariff on 100% renewable energy for its customers. The partnership will use a ‘collective switch model’ to help secure a deal on renewable electricity, which could save a typical UK household over £300 a year, according to the company.
In a statement from IKEA, the calls The Big Clean Switch "a 'profit with purpose' company which helps people to switch to renewable electricity providers by making the process simple and easy." The company only list tariffs where the supplier can guarantee that 100% of the electricity sold is matched by electricity from renewables such as solar, wind and hydro.
Hege Sæbjørnsen, Sustainability Manager at IKEA UK, said, "We want to provide our customers with innovative solutions that will help them live a more sustainable life at home and save money in the short and long-term. By partnering with the Big Clean Switch, we hope to make switching to renewable electricity simple, accessible and affordable to everyone."
For every switch, IKEA will receive a commission payment which will support local community initiatives. At the end of the campaign, the commission will be split among IKEA UK stores.
"“As a business, we are working towards 100% renewable energy by pledging to produce as much as we consume in our operations by 2020," said Sæbjørnsen. "Last year in the UK, we generated renewable energy equivalent to 41% of the energy we used. We have also installed solar panels on all new stores and the majority of our existing stores as part of our investment in renewables."
- Corporate renewable energy purchases taking hold in Michigan
- IKEA adds solar to Alberta stores
- IKEA offers solar energy storage to UK customers
- HP, IKEA, Unilever among 1st EV100 members
- IKEA wraps Illinois' largest rooftop solar project
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Amazon Web Services joins partnership for EV management platform development
- A.P. Moller - Maersk reveals the world's first carbon neutral vessel
- Ford's New Science-Based Targets Revealed
- Weekend reads: Discovering Amazon's EV company; The woman at the helm of Biden's climate plan