Energy Efficiency, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - March 6, 2018
ENGIE expands solar power with acquisition
ENGIE North America announced on Mar. 5 that it will acquire solar developer, owner and operator SoCore Energy, including 150 MW of solar assets in operation or under construction by the end of the month, 170 MW of solar projects in development, and projects involving battery storage.
Chicago-based SoCore Energy focuses on C&I, municipal.co-op, and community solar projects across the U.S. According to a statement from ENGIE, SoCore’s capabilities include project origination and development, engineering, project financing, procurement, project management, and operations management.
"As with our recently announced acquisition of wind developer Infinity Renewables, with SoCore, ENGIE is investing in an experienced, accomplished development team, and we look forward to working with this team to accelerate the expansion of our renewables presence within the United States," said Frank Demaille, president and CEO of ENGIE North America. 'By adding more solar energy to our other retail, wind, and biomass offerings in the U.S., we can meet customers’ renewable energy procurement goals much more comprehensively than before," he added.
Rob Scheuermann, CEO and president of SoCore Energy, said, "Solar development firmly aligns with the strategic direction of ENGIE, and the combination of our talents will enable accelerated growth in the business, as well as more solutions for customers, including solar-with-storage options.”
- Georgetown University Passes Utility Management Off to Increase Efficiency
- City of Milpitas Starts Smart City Energy & Water Savings Program
- Engie North America Powers Houston HQ With Texas Wind
- Walmart Continues Move Toward 100% Renewable Energy
- Georgetown University Partnership Boosts Energy Efficiency, Sustainability Goals
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers
- Better Plants 2021 Progress Update