Energy Procurement, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - March 19, 2018
Facebook and Adobe sign wind PPA in Nebraska
Facebook and Adobe have signed PPAs with Enel Green Power North America, Inc. (EGPNA) for the sale of the energy produced by the 320 MW Rattlesnake Creek wind farm, located in Nebraska.
According to a report from GlobeNewswire, the agreement with Facebook expands upon a previous agreement concerning Rattlesnake Creek to now include the gradual purchase of the plant’s full output by 2029. This will enable a 100% renewable supply to Facebook’s data center in Papillon, Neb. Facebook has already announced a significant expansion of the data center. Prior to that point, between 2019 and 2028, Adobe will purchase energy produced by the wind farm.
"Powering our data centers with 100% clean and renewable energy is not just a goal for Facebook, it is a requirement of our business," said Bobby Hollis, director of global energy at Facebook. "The Rattlesnake Creek wind farm will enable us to power our future Papillion Data Center, and fulfills our passion to expand the energy market for other corporate buyers, like Adobe."
"We’re excited to reach the next milestone in our sustainability goals through this agreement with Enel and Facebook," said Vince Digneo, sustainability strategist, Adobe. "Collaboration is everything and we believe that PPA partnerships like this one are the way forward. Grid-scale renewable energy purchases are a key part of meeting our Science-Based Targets and are critically important in decarbonizing U.S. grids."
Rattlesnake Creek, EGPNA’s first Nebraska wind facility, is currently under construction and is expected to start operations by the end of 2018.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness