Industrial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - April 3, 2018
MGP commits to 100% wind power
MGP, a leading U.S. supplier of premium distilled spirits and specialty wheat proteins and starches, announced a major renewable energy initiative with the commitment to source 100% of their electricity needs from renewable wind power.
According to a statement from MGP, the company signed a three-year agreement, effective April 1, to purchase RECs from Westar Energy for facilities in Atchison, Kan. and Lawrenceburg, Ind. Wind energy equal in value to the credits will then be sourced from wind farms in Kansas and added to the overall energy grid system. This arrangement makes MGP the largest Westar customer to commit to 100% renewable electric energy.
"We are proud and excited to enter into this agreement which represents a significant step in our efforts to realize both the direct and overarching benefits of renewable energy technologies," said Gus Griffin, MGP president and CEO. "Among these is our ability to take on a more prominent and proactive role in further supporting environmental sustainability through greater use of clean energy. This initiative is consistent with the long-term view we take for our business, and reflects our enduring commitment to our communities and social responsibility."
- Hormel closes in on 50% RE with VPPA
- Washburn U. signs 20-year wind PPA
- Kansas utility proposes new tariff for C&I customers
- Webinar: Knocking on the utilities' door – a closer look at green tariffs
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Smart Energy Decisions' Renewable Energy
Sourcing Forum goes virtual
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- GM's largest North America plant goes 100% solar-powered
- Trane Technologies targets carbon neutrality by 2030
- Facebook to power Ga. data center with solar
- Wells Fargo and Shell Energy team up on multi-project RE agreement
- Case Study: Corner Office shines as sustainability leader with rooftop solar + LED lighting installation
- eBook: How to Monetize Your Energy Assets
- Enhancing Sustainable Cities
- 2020 Corporate Energy and Sustainability Progress Report
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey