Commercial, Energy Efficiency, Energy Procurement - April 6, 2018
Wynn Las Vegas data centers go 100% RE
Wynn Las Vegas announced that its IT infrastructure, housed at Switch's Core Campus data center in , is being powered by 100 percent renewable energy. This news follows other recent clean energy advances by the company, including the installation of 103,000 square feet of solar panels on its rooftop, and the debut of the Wynn Solar Facility, a new 160-acre solar complex located in .
In a statement, Erik Hansen, director of energy procurement for Wynn Las Vegas, said, "Switch shares the same commitment to protecting our planet's resources, and provides us with smart and eco-friendly energy solutions as the resort continues to grow," said , "Working with the world's highest-rated and greenest data center allows us to responsibly scale our IT framework while ensuring that no harm is being done to the environment."
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness