Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Industrial - April 12, 2018
Ingersoll Rand achieves target, signs PPA
Ingersoll Rand announced on Apr. 12 that it hit its target of 35% reduction of its GHG footprint from a 2013 baseline, two years ahead of its projected deadline of 2020. The company also announced new investments in RE technologies to deepen its Climate Commitment and reduce its impact on the environment.
"Energy efficiency is a primary consideration in everything we do across our own operations and for our customers in the building, industrial and transport industries," said Paul Camuti, senior vice president of innovation and chief technology officer for Ingersoll Rand, in a statement. “We are pleased to achieve this significant milestone, and thank the Ingersoll Rand team around the world for reducing energy use and our impact on the environment, and enhancing sustainable value for our customers."
In order to meet its goal, Ingersoll Rand conducted an energy audit of its own facilities and upgraded air conditioning systems, building controls, and lighting, and eliminated energy leakage from its compressed air systems while measuring, validating and reporting the results. It reduced energy use by 109,000 MM BTUs and electricity consumption by 22,000 MWh.
In addition to on-site renewable energy sources, Ingersoll Rand signed a PPA for approximately 100,000 MWh of wind power annually from a wind farm in Baylor, Texas. This replaces 32% of the company’s U.S. electricity use with green energy and reduces U.S. Scope 2 GHG Emissions from Electricity by 32%.
- Ingersoll Rand premieres solar at N.J. plant
- Infographic: Ingersoll Rand achieves energy goals ahead of schedule
- 3 energy efficiency truths you may have overlooked
- Advanced sensor market for commercial buildings to surpass $1B in 2016, study finds
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- A Comparison of Fuel Choice for Backup Generators
- Capturing the Full Value of Renewable Energy for Businesses in ERCOT
- Benchmarking and Transparency: Resources for State and Local Leaders
- Establishment Labs Deploys Microgrid to Maintain Manufacturing Operations During Grid Outages
- EV100 Progress and Insights Annual Report