Energy Efficiency, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - April 13, 2018
Volvo introduces all-electric truck
Volvo Trucks announced on Apr. 12 the introduction of its first all-electric truck for commercial use. The Volvo FL Electric truck is geared for urban distribution and refuse operations, among other applications.
In a statement, Claes Nilsson, president of Volvo Trucks, said, "We're immensely proud to present the first in a range of fully electrically-powered Volvo trucks ready for regular traffic. With this model, we are making it possible for cities that aim for sustainable urban development to benefit from the advantages of electrified truck transports."
The company statement noted, “An electric truck without any exhaust emissions can be used in indoor terminals and environmental zones. Their low noise level creates opportunities for doing more work at night, thus reducing the burden on the roads during the day.”
Among the attributes of the Volvo FL Electric line is a fast charge time of one to two hours (DC charging) or night charge up to 10 hours (AC charging) with a maximum battery capacity of 300kWh. Energy storage includes 2-6 lithium-ion batteries, totaling 100-300 kWh.
- DFDS Adds 100 Electric Heavy-Duty Trucks to Fleet
- Volvo Trucks begins installation of EV charging infrastructure
- Volvo to electrify all models by 2019
- Volvo smashes energy goal, sets new one
- Volvo targets 100% electric, hybrid vehicle portfolio
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers