Sourcing Renewables, Wind - April 20, 2018
Intuit launches corporate RE program for Texas residents
Software company Intuit announced a new program, “Purely Green,” that will share its corporate wind power procurement in Texas with commercial and residential customers. In partnership with retail energy provider Just Energy, the program will offer discounted renewable energy credits to hundreds of thousands of electricity customers across Texas.
The renewable energy and renewable energy credits will be sourced from EDP Renewables’ Lone Star II Wind Farm located near Abilene, TX, according to a statement from Intuit, maker of TurboTax, QuickBooks, ProConnect, and Mint.
"This program enables Texas residents to leverage Intuit’s buying power to access discounted green power for their homes and businesses," says Sean Kinghorn, sustainability program lead for Intuit.
"This program is a game changer for Texas electricity customers," said Eric Alam, CEO of Renewable Power Direct, a green energy marketer that worked with Intuit and Just Energy to structure the program. "Thanks to Intuit’s leadership, we expect other large companies that buy wind and solar energy to begin exploring how best to share and leverage their green energy choices for customers and employees. This could significantly boost future demand for renewable energy and greatly expand the climate benefits of corporate green power programs."
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: Renewables Pit Google Against Utilities; Wind Power on Mars
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: CA Scored Highest For Efficiency; How Wind Power Can Benefit Shipping Emissions
- Weekend Reads: USPS Goes Electric; The RE Revolution in America's Heartland