Energy Efficiency, Industrial - April 24, 2018
General Motors and L'Oréal USA SWAP for energy efficiency
General Motors and L'Oréal USA are the stars of the fourth installment of its online video series, “Better Buildings Challenge SWAP,” as the companies exchange energy management teams to gain new insights, save money and improve the energy performance of their industrial facilities.
In North Little Rock, Ark., L'Oréal USA welcomed the General Motors team to its largest cosmetics plant. "Having GM visit was a bit intimidating in the beginning, but it was a pleasure to get their insights on where we can improve and introduce them to some of our successes," said Carlos Ruiz Rabago, senior vice president manufacturing North America, L'Oréal, in a statement. "I'm proud of the work we have done to make innovative energy efficiency improvements and build a culture of sustainability, and I think they were inspired too."
In return, the L'Oréal USA team arrived at the General Motors’ Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly plant, where they uncovered opportunities to improve, like shutting down compressed air systems on the production line at the end of the day. After seeing General Motors in action, the L'Oréal USA team plans to adapt the automaker's process for energy-efficiency treasure hunts, and looks forward to implementing similar tactics across its plants.”
Both L'Oréal USA and General Motors are partners in the Better Buildings, Better Plants Program. To date, nearly 200 industrial and water utility partners have partnered with DOE in this effort.
View episode one of the series below. To view the full Better Buildings Challenge SWAP web series and recommendations from this season or to learn more about the department's role in advancing energy efficiency in U.S. buildings, visit the Better Buildings Initiative.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- CEO Alliance Calls for Climate Action at the G7 Summit
- Weekend Reads: Google's Vision of a Carbon-Free HQ; San Diego's RE Future
- Ahold Delhaize Commits to Net-zero Target by 2040
- 2021 Renewable Energy Market Analysis
- 2021 State of Distributed Energy Resources Study
- Leveraging New Technologies to Modernize Infrastructure and Improve Energy Efficiency in America's Cities
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings