Energy Efficiency - April 25, 2018
Infographic: Food Lion celebrates sustainability progress
In honor of Earth Day, Food Lion celebrated its commitment to sustainable retailing by releasing an infographic highlighting its progress in 2017. Among the company’s achievements: saving more than 843.6 million kWh of energy since 2000, which is equivalent to powering every household in its 10-state footprint for one day.
The company also posted a carbon emissions decline, as well as progress in product sustainability and recycling. Food Lion operates more than 1,000 stores and employs more than 63,000 associates.
Click on the link to view Food Lion’s progress.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Nominations Open for WISE (Women in Smart Energy) Awards
- Ahold Delhaize Commits to Net-zero Target by 2040
- CEO Alliance Calls for Climate Action at the G7 Summit
- Smart Energy Decisions 2022 Event Lineup Announced
- Amazon Invests in 18 European and US Renewable Energy Projects