Commercial, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - June 8, 2018
Infographic: Corporate sourcing of renewables—numbers behind the growth
A new report from IRENA (International Renewable Energy Agency) suggests that with the continued decline in the costs of renewables, corporate demand will continue to increase as companies seek to reduce electricity bills, hedge against future price spikes and address sustainability concerns.
The report, Corporate Sourcing of Renewables: Market and Industry Trends, shows that renewable energy sourcing by private sector companies, made possible with the right policy framework in place, can be a key factor in the world’s pursuit of a sustainable energy transformation in line with the objectives set out in the Paris Agreement.
Click here to see the numbers behind the growth of corporate RE sourcing:
- Record-breaking 260+ GW of Renewable Energy Added Globally in 2020
- Renewable energy = one-third of global power capacity
- Corporate sourcing of RE hit 465 TWh hours in 2017
- IRENA: Renewable technologies competitive by 2020
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- IKEA, Destination: Net Zero Lead Net Zero Forum Agenda
- Coca-Cola Launches Sustainability-Focused Venture Capital Fund
- Seven Automakers Create EV Charging Network
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces Winners of Inaugural DEI Impact Awards
- Spotlight Sessions Set for Net Zero Fall