Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Sourcing Renewables - June 25, 2018
AptarGroup highlights emissions reductions
AptarGroup, Inc. announced a 7% reduction in absolute Scope 1 and 2 emissions, as well as a 2% reduction in absolute total energy, as part of its 2017 Corporate Sustainability Report.
According to a company statement, the report “highlights the robust sustainability initiatives that have been implemented across Aptar’s global operations.” A total of 37% of the company’s total electricity consumption is from renewable sources. In the report, the company noted that they took steps during the year to refine their metrics reporting processes. A system enhancement was launched to help collect more detailed information on energy and waste metrics for greater accuracy. The company also piloted a Microsoft Power BI dashboard that provides detailed views on site-level energy performance, for more efficient energy management.
'We are pleased to share the latest chapter in our ongoing sustainability journey. At Aptar, we believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences will spur new ways of reducing our environmental impact and continue to drive our vision for a circular economy,” explained Stephan Tanda, president and CEO. “I am proud of the progress and success we’ve achieved to date, and I am optimistic that we will achieve many more sustainability milestones throughout 2018."
Aptar is a global supplier of a broad range of dispensing and sealing solutions for the beauty, personal care, home care, prescription drug, consumer health care, injectables, food and beverage markets. The company has manufacturing facilities in 18 countries.
- Aptar Updates Emissions Reduction Goals
- AptarGroup Updates Emission Progress
- AptarGroup emissions reductions target approved by SBTi
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program