Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - July 30, 2018
RESF Presentation: Fifth Third Bank - 100% Renewable with a Single Solar PPA
Fifth Third Bank and Schneider Electric's presentation on "Fifth Third Bank’s bold entry into RE sourcing" was a highlight of Smart Energy Decisions' recent Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum Spring event.
In his introduction to the session, SED's John Failla said that "the traditional journey for corporates in RE sourcing has been to test the waters with RECs, then do onsite solar, then PPAs or VPPAs." Fifth Third Bank, on the other hand, used a "go big or go home strategy" with a single PPA to get to 100%.
Charting his company’s swift rise to 100% RE, Scott Hassell, director of environmental sustainability at Fifth Third Bank said, "We made a decision that we want to be a leader, the one that people value and trust. For us, sustainability is part of achieving that vision. It’s part of engaging our employees."
Smart Energy Decisions is proud to bring these engaging and informative presentations to the industry. For more information on our next Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum, click here.
Download this presentation to see how Fifth Third Bank hit 100% RE with a single solar PPA:
- Collaborative Offsite PPA Structures for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Marine Corp microgrid set for expansion
- Missouri city plans large-scale efficiency upgrades
- University of North Alabama modernizes to reduce energy costs
- Bowery Farming to add microgrid
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Starbucks explores utility-scale storage in new procurement endeavor
- The Walt Disney Company establishes 2030 energy and environmental targets
- Weekend reads: A look at solar power's success in 2020; The EU's biggest oil producer looks to cease its main product
- Daimler Trucks collaborates on massive charging hub for electric trucks