Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - July 30, 2018
RESF Presentation: Fifth Third Bank - 100% Renewable with a Single Solar PPA
Fifth Third Bank and Schneider Electric's presentation on "Fifth Third Bank’s bold entry into RE sourcing" was a highlight of Smart Energy Decisions' recent Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum Spring event.
In his introduction to the session, SED's John Failla said that "the traditional journey for corporates in RE sourcing has been to test the waters with RECs, then do onsite solar, then PPAs or VPPAs." Fifth Third Bank, on the other hand, used a "go big or go home strategy" with a single PPA to get to 100%.
Charting his company’s swift rise to 100% RE, Scott Hassell, director of environmental sustainability at Fifth Third Bank said, "We made a decision that we want to be a leader, the one that people value and trust. For us, sustainability is part of achieving that vision. It’s part of engaging our employees."
Smart Energy Decisions is proud to bring these engaging and informative presentations to the industry. For more information on our next Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum, click here.
Download this presentation to see how Fifth Third Bank hit 100% RE with a single solar PPA:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces 2023 WISE Award Winners
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: Wind vs. Solar; China Dominates Battery Market
- Microsoft Partners to Power Solar Energy
- Smart Energy Decisions Welcomes New Advisory Board Members
- Verizon Enters Into Four REPAs