Energy Efficiency, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - August 1, 2018
J.M. Smucker signs wind PPA
J.M. Smucker announced on August 1 that it has signed a long-term PPA with Lincoln Clean Energy (LCE) for 60 megawatts (MW) of the utility-scale 230 MW Plum Creek Wind Project in Wayne County, Nebraska. Starting in 2020, the wind energy produced from this project will cover approximately 50% of Smucker's total electricity use.
"This agreement is an important step forward in our organization-wide effort to significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions intensity," said Julia Sabin, vice president of government relations and corporate sustainability for The J. M. Smucker Company, in a statement. "In 2017, electricity accounted for more than half our greenhouse gas emissions. This agreement will not only reduce our carbon footprint, but will also allow us to make a lasting contribution to our nation's renewable energy capacity."
Schneider Electric Energy & Sustainability Services served as an advisor to Smucker on its selection of Plum Creek.
The J.M. Smucker Company’s portfolio includes consumer food and beverage brands such as Smucker's®, Folgers®, Jif®, Dunkin' Donuts®, Crisco®, Café Bustelo®, as well as pet food and pet snacks.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- Volvo Seeks to Lower Each Car's Emissions by 75%
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint