Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - August 7, 2018
Tour Amazon's rooftop solar system
Amazon offered a tour of their fulfillment center in Tracy, California, which now features one of the largest rooftop solar systems in California.
The solar system, developed by EnterSolar, sits atop the facility's one-million square foot roof and will generate 3.8-megawatts of power from 11,700 solar panels.
Brittany Stanton, renewable energy program manager at Amazon, said, "This is the largest solar system on a rooftop in Tracy. I think that's an awesome win for Amazon and an awesome win for the environment. Our customers are really excited by it and that drives me at work."
Amazon has stated a goal to power all of its fulfillment centers with 100% renewable energy, as well as a goal to install 50 onsite solar systems by 2020.
- Amazon to deliver Shipment Zero
- Facebook, Google, Amazon lead RE procurements
- Amazon delivers three new RE projects
- Solar Tax Credits Are Stepping Down Next Year: What Does This Mean for Corporate Solar Projects?
- Continental celebrates rooftop solar in NY
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
The value of Smart Energy Decisions' events, your success is our business.
- Innovation Awards winners announced
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Facebook, Google, AT&T claim top spots among 2019 corporate energy buyers
- Weekend reads: Fossil fuels are done; Microsoft's efficiency roadblock
- JPMorgan's $200 billion for clean energy limits funding for coal, Arctic drilling projects