Energy Efficiency, Sourcing Renewables - September 6, 2018
AIG reports sustainability progress
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) reported a 9% reduction in power consumption through infrastructure and facilities modernization, as well a 5% increase in renewable energy investments in the past year. The company also achieved a reduced commuter footprint through increased electronic collaboration, including telepresence and webcasting capabilities.
The announcement came with the Sept. 4 release of the company’s 2017 Corporate Citizenship Report, which covers the calendar year. "As an insurance company, our work makes a difference in the lives of our clients every day. Through this, along with our commitment to being a good corporate citizen, we aim to step up and do the right thing whenever and wherever we can for those in need,” said Brian Duperreault, AIG president and CEO, in the report’s opening letter. “I’m so proud of our colleagues worldwide who give of themselves toward a greater good," he added.
The report noted the work of the company’s Sustainability Working Group, a 40-member global team spanning all major business and functional areas. The group meets regularly to advise on sustainability issues, share best practices and work toward building sustainability solutions. According to the report, "In 2018, this work has been elevated with the formation of a Sustainability Task Force, charged with conducting a comprehensive assessment of current sustainability practices and opportunities to enhance our efforts. The results will help drive the direction of our strategic approach to sustainability."
- AIG Commits to Net Zero GHG Emissions by 2050
- AIG Cut Emissions 49% Between 2019 and 2020
- AIG releases inaugural TCFD Report
- AIG boasts energy efficiency efforts, sustainability work with suppliers, in citizenship report
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- IKEA, Destination: Net Zero Lead Net Zero Forum Agenda
- Coca-Cola Launches Sustainability-Focused Venture Capital Fund
- Seven Automakers Create EV Charging Network
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces Winners of Inaugural DEI Impact Awards
- Spotlight Sessions Set for Net Zero Fall