Commercial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - September 27, 2018
Hoteles City Express signs wind PPA
Hoteles City Express, S.A.B. de C.V. has signed a 10-year wind PPA. The agreement will supply energy for 95% of the portfolio of fully owned, co-owned, and leased hotels for the company.
In a statement, the company said, "In line with the sustainability strategy of the company, the energy supplied will be produced in Tamaulipas, México by wind turbines, being 100% clean and resulting in a neutralization of approximately 90% of the carbon footprint of the chain."
Hoteles City Express, headquartered in Mexico City, expects to generate savings of more than 25% of their energy expenses, which currently account for between 3.5% and 5.0% of hotel operation revenues for an established property. The savings will start to be reflected in approximately 12 months.
Founded in 2002, Hoteles City Express operates 139 hotels throughout Mexico, Costa Rica, Columbia and Chile geared mainly towards domestic business travelers.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- Volvo Seeks to Lower Each Car's Emissions by 75%
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint