Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - October 12, 2018
Solar comes to the (Bose) mountain
Bose Corporation has signed a 20-year PPA for a 1.7-megawatt solar installation on the southern hillside of its headquarters in Framingham, Mass, commonly known as 'The Mountain."
The installation was designed, constructed and financed by SunPower, which will operate and maintain the fixed-tilt, ground-mount system. According to a statement, the project features nearly 4,000 solar panels and is expected to generate 2.4 million kilowatt hours of energy annually, bringing enough electricity onto the grid to supply a substantial portion of the Bose campus.
"Corporate renewable energy programs are growing, especially in Massachusetts where Bose is headquartered," said Nam Nguyen, SunPower executive vice president, commercial solar. "We're proud to be working with Bose to further advance solar development in the Commonwealth, and to support the company's commitment to long-term sustainability as a leading global brand."
- Comcast adds carport to call center
- Walmart plans 23 MW Illinois solar farm
- Bed Bath & Beyond adds solar to corporate office
- Solar + storage to power College District
- Zyxel flips switch on new HQ solar system
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business
- Insights from the 2019 Innovation Summit
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business