Commercial, Energy Efficiency - October 31, 2018
Dayton Children’s Hospital earns energy efficiency rebates
Dayton Children’s Hospital earned $283,393 in rebates through energy-saving measures. The Dayton Power and Light Company (DP&L), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation has recognized Dayton Children’s for earning these rebates as part of a broader corporate energy efficiency project based on new construction at the Dayton Children’s main campus and south campus in Springboro.
At the Main Campus Patient Tower, interior and exterior lighting savings accounted for 36% of the total campus electricity savings. Efficiency measures included occupancy sensors placed throughout the facility and installation of LED exterior lighting. HVAC programs at the location included the installation of geothermal technologies for heating and cooling, which accounted for another 40% of the savings.
At the South Campus, the interior lighting system is a combination of ceiling recessed and suspended LED fixtures, while exterior lighting is also all LED. Energy-saving measures were used to maximize efficiency.
As a result of these energy efficiency new construction projects, Dayton Children’s is expected to save more than 2 million kWh annually, which accounts for a yearly cost savings of $184,685.
“Being good stewards of our resources is important to us," says Deborah Feldman, president and CEO of Dayton Children’s Hospital, in a statement. “We want to take care of the community we live in and serve as well as the world our children will inherit.”
- California brewery explores carbon capture tech
- Nantucket farm adds additional 1.4 MW of solar
- MSC Cruises extends agreement for sustainable fuel fleet
- Penn. hospital installs eight EV charging stations
- Kohl’s to cut GHG emissions
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Today's Leaders. Tomorrow's Heroes.
The George Washington University
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- Verizon, Saint-Gobain ink agreements with 250 MW wind farm
- Cargill adds 10 new projects to RE portfolio
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Wells Fargo and Shell Energy team up on multi-project RE agreement