Energy Efficiency, Microgrids, Solar - November 19, 2018
Bowery Farming to add microgrid
Bowery Farming, an indoor vertical farming company, will add a hybrid microgrid system that includes a rooftop solar array, natural gas generator, and a lithium-ion battery energy storage system at its New Jersey facility.
The system will be designed, engineered, and built by Schneider Electric and Scale Microgrid Solutions. According to a report by PV Magazine, the agreement calls for Scale Microgrid Solutions to “build, own, and operate a proprietary hybrid microgrid system that leverages Schneider Electric EcoStruxure technology for Bowery’s newly commissioned facility in New Jersey.” The system will use distributed energy resources (DER), including a rooftop solar array, a natural gas generator equipped with advanced emissions control technologies and Schneider Electric’s lithium-ion battery energy storage system (BESS) interconnected in a behind-the-meter configuration.
“Bowery is committed to growing food for a better future and we are excited to have found partners in Schneider Electric and Scale Microgrid Solutions who will help us achieve our mission. We’re looking forward to continuing to provide consumers with access to local, high-quality produce and drive a more sustainable future,” said Brian Donato, SVP operations, Bowery Farming. Commissioning of the Bowery microgrid project is scheduled for the first quarter of 2019.
Bowery Farming is an innovative player that’s growing crops to support the world’s growing population in an incredibly energy-efficient way,” said Don Wingate, vice president utility & microgrid solutions, Schneider Electric. “At Schneider Electric and together with Scale Microgrid Solutions, we’re looking forward to working to address the challenges associated with indoor farming, and driving microgrid innovations that improve energy efficiency, reduce end-user costs, mitigate greenhouse gas emissions and improve grid resilience.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers
- Better Plants 2021 Progress Update