Energy Efficiency, Energy Storage, Microgrids, Utilities, Commercial, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - January 7, 2019
Innovation Awards winners announced
Smart Energy Decisions has announced the winners of the second annual Innovation Awards competition, who were chosen by an independent panel of judges. The winners will be honored at a reception and special dinner sponsored by ENGIE North America on March 13, capping off the Smart Energy Decisions’ 2019 Innovation Summit in Houston, Texas.
The objective of the Innovation Awards program is to recognize the individual and collective efforts of large electric power users, their suppliers, and their utilities in support of the energy transformation currently taking place. Innovation Awards will be presented under two headings: customer project awards and utility partnership awards.
The winners of Customer Project Awards are:
- Industrial Energy Data Management: Arconic, Arconic Builds a Single Source of Truth
- Commercial Energy Data Management: AvalonBay Communities, AvalonBay, SmartKit AI Smart Building Software
- Higher Ed Energy Data Management: University of Maryland, TerpFootprints Energy Dashboard
- Commercial Energy Efficiency Technology: Cinemark, Automated Scheduling Proves Major Value through Energy Savings
- Industrial Energy Efficiency Technology: Ocean Spray Cranberries, Making Craisins with Industrial IoT, energy efficient, intelligent LED lighting
- Higher Ed Energy Efficiency Technology: University of Virginia, Delta Force – Clark Hall
- Data Center Energy Efficiency Technology: Switch, Switch Energy Efficiency Technologies
- Government Energy Storage & Microgrids: Atlantic County Utility Authority, Wastewater Treatment Plant RE Battery Energy Storage
- Data Center Energy Storage & Microgrids: Equinix, Inc., Bloom Energy 37MW Fuel Cell Deployment
- Commercial Energy Storage & Microgrids: Staples, Inc., Staples Grid Edge Energy Efficiency Innovation
- EV Charging Infrastructure: University of California/San Diego, Innovating the Art of the Possible in EV Grid Integration
- Commercial Offsite Renewable Energy: Intuit, Intuit Affinity Program
- Healthcare Offsite Renewable Energy: Kaiser Permanente, RE100 Solar + Wind Battery Storage Project
- Commercial Onsite Renewable Energy: Welltower, Inc., Using a Landlord-Tenant PPA to solve the split incentive challenge
- Government Onsite Renewable Energy: City of Yonkers, New York, Yonkers Off-Grid City Park
- Industrial Onsite Renewable Energy, Intel, Greener, Better Solution: India
The winners of Utility Partnership Awards are:
- Green Tariff Program: Puget Sound Energy, Green Direct
- Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs, PSE&G, Hospital Efficiency Program
- Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs, Consumers Energy, Zero Net Energy Pilot Program
Special recognition awards for Renewable Energy Sourcing:
- Starbucks & Constellation, Constellation CORe
- Microsoft & REsurety, Volume Firming Agreement
- Sysco & NRG Energy, Renewable Select
"We’re gratified at the growing industry engagement with the program and the quality of the entries across the board,” said John Failla, founder and editorial director, Smart Energy Decisions.
The program's judges included Ali Ahmed, principal, Green Strategies LLC; Wolfgang Bauer, distinguished professor and senior consultant, Michigan State University; Peter Kelly-Detwiler, principal, NorthBridge Energy Partners; Karl R. Rábago, executive director of the Pace Energy and Climate Center, David Reid, global energy and productivity leader, Celanese Corp., and Rowena Striff, energy manager, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics.
"We want to thank our judges for their time and commitment to the selection process, reviewing all of the nominations sent in from all corners of the industry. Their extensive industry experience added greatly to the program," Failla said.
"Last, but certainly not least, we congratulate each of the winners, whose innovative projects and programs are being recognized with Innovation Awards” he added.
Smart Energy Decisions has also announced the first group of supplier sponsors for the Innovation Summit, March 11-13 at the Houstonian Hotel in Houston. The group of leading industry suppliers features ENGIE North America as presenting sponsor. Platinum sponsors include NextEra Energy Resources, 3Degrees, Enchanted Rock, and Calpine. Gold sponsors are Direct Energy, MC Group, LevelTen Energy, Cpower, Siemens, Recurrent, Duke Energy One, Community Energy, Constellation, EDF, REC Solar, and Scheider Electric. Orrick, Silicon Ranch, Apex Clean Energy, EMC Lighting Group, Edison Energy, and Enel Green Power are silver sponsors.
The invitation-only Innovation Summit has a track record of helping attendees learn from best practices, make new connections and discover solutions that improve their results and reduce carbon emissions. The Summit features an exclusive blend of keynote presentations, energy executive-only sessions, panel discussions, private boardroom briefings and one-to-one meetings with between customers and suppliers.
The Innovation Summit is open to qualified energy management and sustainability executives at large electric power users. In addition, a limited number of supplier sponsorships are available to leading product and service providers with a proven track record of serving these entities.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Nominations Open for WISE (Women in Smart Energy) Awards
- Ahold Delhaize Commits to Net-zero Target by 2040
- CEO Alliance Calls for Climate Action at the G7 Summit
- Smart Energy Decisions 2022 Event Lineup Announced
- Amazon Invests in 18 European and US Renewable Energy Projects