Commercial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - April 10, 2019
Iron Mountain expands to 100% RE in Texas and Illinois
Iron Mountain Inc. announced new energy transactions in Texas and Illinois that will provide access to 100% renewable power for its facilities in both states. The deals amount to more than 25,000 MWh of green energy per year over the next three years, adding to the amount of direct, physical energy in Iron Mountain's overall energy portfolio supported by renewable sources.
"With these transactions, Iron Mountain continues to follow through on our commitment to renewable energy by using new models that are both cost-effective and simple to implement throughout our real estate portfolio," said Chris Pennington, CBRE Energy Manager for Iron Mountain.
According to a statement, RPD Energy provided access to competitively-priced physical renewable power, without the long-term commitment and complexity associated with PPA or VPPAs. The retail contracts for Texas and Illinois are managed by Direct Energy, with renewable power supplied by NextEra Energy Resources from its Blue Summit Wind Farm in Wilbarger County, Texas, as well as other NextEra Energy Resources.
- Iron Mountain climbs to RE heights
- AT&T purchases wind power from Texas and Oklahoma
- Iron Mountain moves towards goal with wind PPA
- Facebook to power Ala. data center via two solar facilities
- Iron Mountain targets 20% GHG cut
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Shining Cities 2019 - The Top U.S. Cities for Solar Energy
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Delta Force - Driving Energy Efficiency at UVA
- Aurora Public Schools Energy Management System
- Innovation Summit Presentation: The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg
- Michigan State's long-term view on renewable energy