Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Sourcing Renewables - May 3, 2019
Ingersoll Rand reaches 45% GHG reduction
Ingersoll Rand announced it has reached a total 45% reduction in GHG emissions intensity and a 31% reduction in absolute emissions. The company also exceeded its 2020 goal to increase energy efficiency in owned facilities by 10% by 2020, reaching 23%.
The announcement came with the release of Ingersoll Rand’s 12th annual ESG Report, “Performance with Purpose,” which outlines the company's update on its environment, social, and governance performance.
According to the report, the energy efficiency reduction, from a 2013 baseline, achieved through several initiatives across their operations including optimizing HVAC systems; employee Green Team programs; eliminating leakage in compressed air systems; and re-lamping.
In a letter to shareholders, Michael W. Lamach, chairman and CEO, said, “Our 2018 performance underscores the long-term strength and earnings power of our business model. By continually reinvesting in our business, we have built a differentiated company with deep domain expertise and sustainable products and services that keep us on the forefront of addressing global challenges and enhancing the quality of life.”
Among other highlights from the report:
- Solar power installations at three locations in the U.S. and China address 15% of the energy needs of those facilities – the equivalent of taking 1,000 cars off the road in each region
- Approximately 25% of the company’s revenue is from products and services that contribute to the transition to clean energy
- Ingersoll Rand aims for 2030 sustainability targets
- Ingersoll Rand commits to reduce emissions 1 gigaton
- The Importance of Setting Bold Sustainability Targets
- Ingersoll Rand premieres solar at N.J. plant
- Infographic: Ingersoll Rand achieves energy goals ahead of schedule
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Today's Leaders. Tomorrow's Heroes.
The George Washington University
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- Verizon, Saint-Gobain ink agreements with 250 MW wind farm
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Cargill adds 10 new projects to RE portfolio
- Wells Fargo and Shell Energy team up on multi-project RE agreement