GHG Emissions, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - May 22, 2019
LG commits to carbon neutrality by 2030
LG Electronics (LG) has launched its Zero Carbon 2030 initiative, committing to achieving net-zero carbon emissions from its global operations within 12 years.
In line with its larger sustainable business strategy, LG announced it will look to reduce carbon emissions from its global operations by 50% compared to a 2017 baseline by implementing various carbon reduction and renewable energy initiatives. This effort will help bring LG closer to reaching its ultimate goal of carbon neutrality, achieving a net-zero carbon emissions footprint by balancing carbon emissions with carbon removal.
“Our commitment to combating global climate change is unwavering. LG’s progressive steps in reducing carbon emissions at workplaces the world over, with many more UN CDM projects in the works, exemplify the company’s unwavering commitment to environmental sustainability leadership,” said Lee Young-jae, vice president of environmental safety at LG Electronics.
Through a variety of strategic initiatives, the company intends to cut carbon emissions across its global production sites from nearly 2 million tons recorded in 2017 to 960,000 tons by the end of 2030. LG is looking to expand its high-efficiency facilities and technologies targeting greenhouse gas reduction, alleviating the creation of carbon emissions during the production process.
LG will expand renewable energy installations using solar energy products and actively utilize its own business-to-business technology solutions such as high-efficiency chillers and Energy Management Systems (EMS) to reduce carbon emissions.
- LG Electronics to Use 100% RE by 2050
- LG Commits to Eliminate Emissions from Product Use by 2030
- LG Targets Renewable Energy Transition
- LA Lakers open solar-powered training facility
- Sprint tests robot EV chargers
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint
- US Steel Explores Expansion of Low-Carbon Products