Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - June 4, 2019
Anheuser-Busch hits 100% RE goal with solar PPA
Anheuser-Busch has reached its 2025 goal to source 100% of their U.S. electricity needs from renewable sources ahead of schedule with the signing of a 15-year solar PPA. The agreement calls for the company to purchase 310 MWp/222 MWac of electricity from Recurrent Energy’s Maplewood solar project.
“We take immense pride in being good stewards of the environment and are excited to announce that by 2021 our entire portfolio of beers will be brewed by using 100 percent renewable electricity from solar and wind power,” said Ingrid De Ryck, vice president, procurement and sustainability at Anheuser-Busch, in a statement. “Through our new partnership with Recurrent Energy, we will be able to complete one of our 2025 U.S. sustainability goals four years ahead of schedule.”
The statement noted that this landmark contract is the seventh largest C&I PPA for solar energy signed to date, according to data supplied by BNEF; it also represents the U.S. beverage industry’s largest single purchase of solar energy.
The Maplewood solar project, located in Pecos County in the Permian Basin of West Texas, will power the equivalent of 55,000 homes with clean electricity when it enters operation by 2021.
- Anheuser-Busch completes their largest U.S. off-site solar array
- Anheuser-Busch orders hydrogen-electric powered semi-trucks
- Anheuser-Busch targets 100% RE in 2025
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Get Part 2 from Richard Heath plus free thought leadership from experts at Insight Energy
- Innovation Awards winners announced
- Planet Fitness announces 1st solar powered gym
- Weekend reads: CDP's global reach; a 40,000% power price spike
- Microsoft announces 230 MW renewables purchase
- Weekend reads: Solar microgrids in the Bahamas; US gas station ditches oil for EV charging
- SED goes Beyond the Meter with new podcast
- Green Lease Leaders: How Industrial Building Owners Use the Lease to Optimize Sustainable Business Practices
- Google Environmental Report 2019
- Webinar replay: Why finance should lead sustainability efforts
- Future Proof Your Business with integrated Storage, Solar, and Smart EV Charging
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society