Commercial, Energy Efficiency, Industrial - June 7, 2019
2019 Better Buildings Progress Report
The 2019 Progress Report highlights the accomplishments of the 900+ partners working with the Better Buildings Initiative to share and replicate positive gains in energy efficiency while also creating jobs and increasing market competitiveness in the commercial, industrial, government, and residential sectors. These partners represent 32 of the country’s Fortune 100 companies, 12 of the top-25 U.S. employers, 12% of the U.S. manufacturing energy footprint, and 13% of total commercial building space, as well as 17 Federal agencies, 8 national laboratories, 28 states, and 90 local governments spanning the nation.
In the past year, partners in the Better Buildings Initiative have contributed to an expanding collection of real-world solutions, energy- and water-saving resources, and best practice examples. These solutions demonstrate the value in setting a public goal, embracing a portfolio-wide approach, making use of technological advancements, and developing smart, empowered building operators to greatly improve the energy performance of buildings and plants. In addition, they show that working collaboratively, both within and outside their organizations, is the best way to address common barriers that impede progress across sectors and building types.
Download the report to view progress and solutions:
- Saint-Gobain: Advanced energy monitoring with wireless submetering
- Outdoor Lighting Decision Tree Tool
- Hannaford Supermarkets' Brandon, Vermont Showcase Project
- Benchmarking and Transparency: Resources for State and Local Leaders
- 2020 Better Buildings Progress Report
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Today's Leaders. Tomorrow's Heroes.
The George Washington University
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- Verizon, Saint-Gobain ink agreements with 250 MW wind farm
- Cargill adds 10 new projects to RE portfolio
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Wells Fargo and Shell Energy team up on multi-project RE agreement