GHG Emissions, Commercial, Industrial - June 12, 2019
Climate change: major risk or rosy opportunity?
The world's biggest companies have valued the climate risk to their businesses at almost $1 trillion - and also reported potential cumulative gains from realizing business opportunities related to climate change at $2.1 trillion.
In this report, "Major Risk or Rosy Opportunity," CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project) presents results of a deep-dive analysis of almost 7,000 companies across the globe to uncover financial impacts associated with climate change.
Among the key findings presented in the CDP report:
- Companies are identifying significant risks but need to expand their analysis
- The biggest companies report major financial implications
- The opportunities are bigger than the risks
- The wins far outweigh the costs of management
- Companies and investors need to learn lessons from the power sector
Download the CDP report to explore risks and opportunities that could have a substantive impact on your business.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Smart Energy Decisions Expands Advisory Board
- Weekend Reads: The Payoff of Kauai's Renewables Transition; How States Can Prepare for the EV Boom
- Microsoft Updates Sustainability Goals
- Weekend Reads: The Barrier to Texas's Renewables Transition; Rebranding Bitcoin as Eco-Friendly