Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - June 24, 2019
ENGIE greens power for SED’s Distributed Energy Forum
ENGIE North America is shaping a sustainable future by supplying renewable energy certificates (RECs) to Smart Energy Decisions' Distributed Energy Forum, June 24-26 at the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center near Denver, Colorado. The Green-e® certified RECs will offset 100% of the three-day event's anticipated energy consumption while helping to fund the development and operation of domestic sources of renewable energy.
The announcement marks the third Smart Energy Decisions conference ENGIE North America has supported with RECs, further illustrating the energy leader's commitment to promoting sustainable strategies. The certificates supplied at each event represent the environmental attributes or benefits associated with a specific quantity of energy generated from a renewable source, such as wind or solar.
Ken Cowan, Vice President of Solutions Sales and Marketing at ENGIE North America, said, "As the demand for decarbonized energy continues to grow both nationally and globally, we are proud to demonstrate our ability to provide customers with a range of renewable products that support a more sustainable future. Our supply of RECs to Smart Energy Decisions is one of many opportunities we are incorporating into environmentally responsible energy management solutions, and we're proud to support the Distributed Energy Forum in this regard."
John Failla, Founder and Editorial Director of Smart Energy Decisions, said, "We're honored to have the continued backing of ENGIE – a leader in the world's transformation to a low-carbon energy economy. It's important that we practice what we preach and ENGIE helps to make that possible with our partnership to drive change in support of the energy transition taking shape in today's power markets."
The Gaylord Rockies Hotel is also contributing to reducing its environmental impact. Menus for the Distributed Energy Forum have been planned to maximize sustainability. The hotel also offers its “Make a Green Choice” program, offering sustainability options for guests.
- Distributed Energy Forum Wrap-Up
- Webinar replay: Why finance should lead sustainability efforts
- CA State Fund locations to receive solar, battery, EV charging
- Walmart, Tyson, General Mills execs featured at Distributed Energy Forum
- SED’s Distributed Energy Forum premieres in 2019
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Today's Leaders. Tomorrow's Heroes.
The George Washington University
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- Verizon, Saint-Gobain ink agreements with 250 MW wind farm
- Cargill adds 10 new projects to RE portfolio
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Wells Fargo and Shell Energy team up on multi-project RE agreement