Commercial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - September 3, 2019
Facebook signs PPA to power TX ops
Facebook is moving closer to achieving its goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 75% and supporting its entire operation with power generated from renewable sources. The tech giant signed a PPA with Apex Wind East to purchase electricity to support its growing operations in the Cook County, Tex., region.
Aviator Wind East is a 200 MW segment of the 525 MW Aviation Wind project, the largest single-phase wind project in the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) and the largest single-phase, single-site wind project in the U.S. It should be operational next year, according to a release from Apex Clean Energy. Facebook is poised to get 199.76 MW of power from the facility. The release noted that an additional unnamed corporate PPA for a majority of the balance of Aviator Wind will be announced at a later date.
“As part of our goal to support 100% of our operations with renewable energy, we want to help drive the energy transition and increase access to wind and solar power around the world,” said Facebook’s Urvi Parekh, renewable energy manager. “This project will be an important part of successfully reaching our targets, and we are thrilled to have the support of Ares Infrastructure and Power and Apex Clean Energy to bring this new wind energy online.”
Aviator Wind was developed by Apex Clean Energy and is owned by funds managed by Ares Infrastructure and Power.
- Facebook, McDonald's power-supplying wind farm acquired by Ares Management
- Facebooks inks deal with Illinois wind farm
- Power Forward 2.0: How American Companies Are Setting Clean Energy Targets and Capturing Greater Business Value
- Facebook adds another Va. solar farm to renewable portfolio
- Virginia signs largest deal to power state buildings with RE
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Amazon Web Services joins partnership for EV management platform development
- A.P. Moller - Maersk reveals the world's first carbon neutral vessel
- Ford's New Science-Based Targets Revealed
- Weekend reads: Discovering Amazon's EV company; The woman at the helm of Biden's climate plan