Commercial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - September 3, 2019
Facebook signs PPA to power TX ops
Facebook is moving closer to achieving its goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 75% and supporting its entire operation with power generated from renewable sources. The tech giant signed a PPA with Apex Wind East to purchase electricity to support its growing operations in the Cook County, Tex., region.
Aviator Wind East is a 200 MW segment of the 525 MW Aviation Wind project, the largest single-phase wind project in the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) and the largest single-phase, single-site wind project in the U.S. It should be operational next year, according to a release from Apex Clean Energy. Facebook is poised to get 199.76 MW of power from the facility. The release noted that an additional unnamed corporate PPA for a majority of the balance of Aviator Wind will be announced at a later date.
“As part of our goal to support 100% of our operations with renewable energy, we want to help drive the energy transition and increase access to wind and solar power around the world,” said Facebook’s Urvi Parekh, renewable energy manager. “This project will be an important part of successfully reaching our targets, and we are thrilled to have the support of Ares Infrastructure and Power and Apex Clean Energy to bring this new wind energy online.”
Aviator Wind was developed by Apex Clean Energy and is owned by funds managed by Ares Infrastructure and Power.
- Facebooks inks deal with Illinois wind farm
- Facebook inks deal with Va. solar farm
- Facebook to power Ga. data center with solar
- Facebook launches Ga. solar farm to power data center
- Facebook signs on additional 125 MW for Ga. data center
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Smart Energy Voices Podcast
Episode 4: The Purpose Driven Organization
with Jeff Fromm and David Smart
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Illinois plans clean energy overhaul
- Google retroactively offsets all carbon since founding
- Cargill, Ardent Mills complete agreement with Texas solar farm
- Smart Energy Voices Podcast Digs Deep with Industry Movers and Shakers
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
- Retail Suppliers are Changing the Game for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Being an Energy Superhero in Challenging Times: Maximizing Value through Active Retail Portfolio Management
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?