Commercial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - September 3, 2019
Facebook signs PPA to power TX ops
Facebook is moving closer to achieving its goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 75% and supporting its entire operation with power generated from renewable sources. The tech giant signed a PPA with Apex Wind East to purchase electricity to support its growing operations in the Cook County, Tex., region.
Aviator Wind East is a 200 MW segment of the 525 MW Aviation Wind project, the largest single-phase wind project in the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) and the largest single-phase, single-site wind project in the U.S. It should be operational next year, according to a release from Apex Clean Energy. Facebook is poised to get 199.76 MW of power from the facility. The release noted that an additional unnamed corporate PPA for a majority of the balance of Aviator Wind will be announced at a later date.
“As part of our goal to support 100% of our operations with renewable energy, we want to help drive the energy transition and increase access to wind and solar power around the world,” said Facebook’s Urvi Parekh, renewable energy manager. “This project will be an important part of successfully reaching our targets, and we are thrilled to have the support of Ares Infrastructure and Power and Apex Clean Energy to bring this new wind energy online.”
Aviator Wind was developed by Apex Clean Energy and is owned by funds managed by Ares Infrastructure and Power.
- Facebook plans six solar projects to power data centers in Oregon
- Facebook signs wind PPA in Indiana
- BYD and Buffet form e-bus venture
- Facebook plans new data center in Alabama
- Facebook signs wind PPA in Norway
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business
- Insights from the 2019 Innovation Summit
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business