Commercial, GHG Emissions, Sourcing Renewables - September 4, 2019
Kohl’s to cut GHG emissions
Kohl’s is accelerating its long-term sustainability plans with substantial climate actions, including cutting GHGs emissions and expanding renewable energy platforms. All of the retailer’s climate goals support the United National Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) SDG 7 Affordable and Clean Energy and SDG 13 Climate Action goal.
This plan, outlined in the retailer’s just-released 2025 sustainability goals, calls for the following:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions in Kohl’s-owned operations by 50% versus 2014 baseline by 2025.
- Further reduce energy consumption by 10% at Kohl’s facilities by 2025, building off of the company’s existing 20% reduction against 2008 baseline.
- Expand renewable energy platforms by building off the company’s existing 161 solar and wind locations.
- Support the transition to a low-carbon transportation system, building off of the company’s existing 96 locations offering electric vehicle charging.
“At Kohl's we are committed to being a responsible corporate citizen, making our communities stronger by supporting initiatives and organizations that focus on health and wellness, sustainability, and environmental efforts that benefit all families,” said Michelle Gass, Kohl’s chief executive officer. “We are proud to share our sustainability goals that support Kohl’s efforts to enhance our standing as a retailer of purpose.”
Kohl’s also outlined a series of initiatives for waste and recycling and sustainable sourcing to help it meet and support other SDG goals for the next six years, including diverting 85% of Kohl’s U.S. operational waste from landfills, and more.
- Wendy’s premieres Smart designs
- L'Oréal to reach carbon neutrality in 2019
- Vermont biz group pushes for carbon tax
- HPU’s Oceanic Institute adds solar power
- Dayton Children’s Hospital earns energy efficiency rebates
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business
- Insights from the 2019 Innovation Summit
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business