GHG Emissions, Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - September 20, 2019
AT&T to surpass 1.5 GW of RE with 2 new VPPAs
AT&T's renewable energy purchases will surpass 1.5 GW of clean energy capacity following new VPPAs with Invenergy and Duke Energy Renewables, they announced September 20 as part of Climate Week NYC 2019.
The agreements will support new wind and solar projects, including 800 MW developed by Invenergy and 160 MW of wind energy provided by Duke Energy Renewables' Frontier Windpower II.
The telecommunications company expects that the purchases will reduce GHG emissions by an amount equivalent to providing more than 560,000 homes or taking 690,000 cars off the road for one year.
AT&T's participation in Climate Week NYC will include an update on the progress they have made toward their 10x Carbon Reduction Goal, which aims to enable greenhouse gas savings ten times the footprint of their operations by 2025.
"AT&T is investing in renewable energy because it is good for our planet and our business," said Charlene Lake, Chief Sustainability Officer and Senior Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility, said in a statement. "AT&T’s new renewable energy purchases are a milestone in our company-wide efforts to help address climate change, and they will deliver important benefits to our bottom line."
- VPPA a first for Sprint
- Bonus Podcast Episode - Look Who Switched to Renewables: Sprint's Journey to Lower Emissions
- Beyond the Meter Podcast - Episode 4: The Home Depot Sustainability Approach
- Ball Corp. signs for 161 MW of wind
- Microsoft adds 74 MW of solar in NC
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
“Today’s Leaders. Tomorrow’s Heroes.”
Jana Ganion, Blue Lake Rancheria
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Trane Technologies targets carbon neutrality by 2030
- Cargill adds 200 MW Illinois solar project to renewables portfolio
- New Platform Enables SED to Move Forward with All 2020 Events
- ADM paves way to reduce emissions 25%, energy intensity 15%
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- 2019 NRG Sustainability Report
- Rapid Microgrid Deployments for Emergency Preparedness: Powering field hospitals for COVID-19 and beyond
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Climate Action in the Energy Capital of the World