Industrial, Solar - November 12, 2019
Shell finalizes 200 MW solar PPA
Shell Energy North America has finalized a 15-year PPA with EDP Renewables for the 200 MW Sandrini solar project in Kern County, Calif.
The $200 million project will be located near Bakersfield and is expected to be operational in 2022.
“We are proud to enable the development of the Sandrini Solar Park,” Glenn Wright, President of Shell Energy North America, said in a statement. “This opportunity will increase the supply of renewable power in California while simultaneously reducing Shell’s carbon footprint. We recognize that customers and communities are demanding a shift in the way power is generated and we are adapting to the demand for more clean energy solutions.”
Shell Energy will be the sole energy off-taker through the long-term PPA and will also purchase 100% of the renewable energy credits and capacity.
- University of California, Shell Energy Sign for Wind Power
- Decarbonizing Retail with Integrated Energy Solutions
- Understanding Your Energy Contract
- Powering the Future With Renewable Energy: Renewable Energy Technologies
- De-risking Your Energy Transition
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint
- US Steel Explores Expansion of Low-Carbon Products