Industrial, Solar - November 12, 2019
Shell finalizes 200 MW solar PPA
Shell Energy North America has finalized a 15-year PPA with EDP Renewables for the 200 MW Sandrini solar project in Kern County, Calif.
The $200 million project will be located near Bakersfield and is expected to be operational in 2022.
“We are proud to enable the development of the Sandrini Solar Park,” Glenn Wright, President of Shell Energy North America, said in a statement. “This opportunity will increase the supply of renewable power in California while simultaneously reducing Shell’s carbon footprint. We recognize that customers and communities are demanding a shift in the way power is generated and we are adapting to the demand for more clean energy solutions.”
Shell Energy will be the sole energy off-taker through the long-term PPA and will also purchase 100% of the renewable energy credits and capacity.
Read These Related Articles:
- University of California, Shell Energy Sign for Wind Power
- Decarbonizing Retail with Integrated Energy Solutions
- Understanding Your Energy Contract
- Powering the Future With Renewable Energy: Renewable Energy Technologies
- De-risking Your Energy Transition
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Aptar Updates Emissions Reduction Goals
- Salesforce Starts ‘Green Code’ Initiative For Lower Carbon Footprint
- Weekend Reads: Green Subsidy Race; Renewable Generation Surpasses Coal and Nuclear
- Microsoft to Use Power From Fusion Plant
- Amazon Signs PPAs for Global Wind and Solar
- Boeing Launches Cascade to Support Aviation's Net Zero Goal