Energy Efficiency - February 12, 2020
Claremont Hotel to save $300K from energy efficiency upgrades
Claremont Club & Spa in the San Francisco Bay Area expects to see more than $300,000 in energy cost savings through a project to improve the hotel's energy efficiency.
The project, which will be implemented by Carbon Lighthouse, will include optimizing existing equipment in the hotel's HVAC and lighting. Carbon Lighthouse used their Efficiency Production system to deploy dozens of senors in the facility to collect thousands of original thermodynamic data points, including air and water temperature and flow rates in HVAC, as well as monitoring lighting and occupancy. This information is then used to determine what regulation would be the most energy efficiency for the building.
"Claremont Club & Spa has always been dedicated to meeting top sustainability goals and has made extensive efforts throughout the entire property from our guest rooms to our spa and restaurants," Melanie Wendeler, Director of Operations at Claremont Club & Spa, said in a statement. "Carbon Lighthouse is a truly innovative partner in helping Claremont reach our ongoing commitment around energy efficiency without sacrificing guest comfort."
Part of the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts portfolio, Claremont includes 276 newly restored guest rooms and suites, several restaurants and 23,000 square feet of renovated meeting space. For its efforts, the hotel has also previously earned the title of Bay Area Certified Green Business by the California Green Business Network.
- Westin Maui joins energy efficiency project to reduce emissions
- Hawaiian Airlines pilots clean energy project
- A&B to upgrade efficiency at commercial buildings
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Smart Energy Voices Podcast
Episode 4: The Purpose Driven Organization
with Jeff Fromm and David Smart
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Verizon, Saint-Gobain ink agreements with 250 MW wind farm
- Illinois plans clean energy overhaul
- Google retroactively offsets all carbon since founding
- Cargill adds 10 new projects to RE portfolio
- Retail Suppliers are Changing the Game for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Being an Energy Superhero in Challenging Times: Maximizing Value through Active Retail Portfolio Management
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?
- Shape-shifting: Why a turbine’s shape is your most important asset