GHG Emissions, Sourcing Renewables - February 12, 2020
Volvo Trucks begins installation of EV charging infrastructure
Volvo Trucks has begun the installation of charging infrastructure for a fleet of electrified commercial trucks, which is being implemented in partnership with Greenlots, a member of the Shell Group.
This round of heavy-duty fleet charging stations will be the first of four installations by Greenlots at Southern California warehouses.
Currently, Greenlots has installed two 50kW DC fast chargers at the TEC Equipment Warehouse in Fontana, Calif., both of which are fully operational. Next up in an additional installation of a 150 kW DC fast charger next month.
"We're excited to be part of the development of a battery-electric transport eco-system along with our Volvo LIGHTS project partners," Peter Voorhoeve, president of Volvo Trucks North America, said in a statement. "This project is unique in the sense of its scope, and that it takes into account the entire system, with the charging infrastructure provided by Greenlots being one of the key components to this transport solution."
The Greenlots’ SKY EV Charging Network Software allows the Volvo fleet and charging stations to be managed while balancing grid demand and supply grid operators with the tools to integrate EVs and renewables into the grid.
This initiative is part of Volvo’s LIGHTS commitment of achieving a goal of zero emissions in California.
- Volvo Trucks deploys its first EVs
- GM partners on largest EV charging network
- Shell acquisition shows EV focus
- Volvo to electrify all models by 2019
- Volvo smashes energy goal, sets new one
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Smart Energy Voices Podcast
Episode 4: The Purpose Driven Organization
with Jeff Fromm and David Smart
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Verizon, Saint-Gobain ink agreements with 250 MW wind farm
- Illinois plans clean energy overhaul
- Google retroactively offsets all carbon since founding
- Cargill adds 10 new projects to RE portfolio
- Retail Suppliers are Changing the Game for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Being an Energy Superhero in Challenging Times: Maximizing Value through Active Retail Portfolio Management
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?
- Shape-shifting: Why a turbine’s shape is your most important asset