Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - March 17, 2020
Seaman's Beverage and Logistics targets 2025 carbon neutrality
Seaman’s Beverage and Logistics announced March 13 their new commitment to being carbon neutral by 2025.
The alcoholic beverage distributor plans to achieve this goal by installing solar panels, switching to energy-efficient lighting, completely transitioning to electric vehicles and turning their warehouse into a self-sustaining, net-zero energy building.
They also plan to adapt their supply chain logistics to reflect their sustainability commitments throughout the processes of warehousing, back-office, outsourcing and last-mile services in the New Jersey and New York regions to ensure that efforts toward carbon-neutrality are implemented in all aspects of their logistics and outsourcing business.
“We want Seaman’s Beverage and Logistics to be a differentiator in its industry, distinguished by a first-class logistics strategy and active membership in the global business community,” CEO Glenn Langberg said in a statement. “SBL is fully committed to adopting environmentally responsible and sustainable practices that will complement its commitment to operational excellence.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Industry News: SED's Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum goes VIRTUAL July 27-29, 2020
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Amazon announces 300 MW across four new RE projects
- Trane Technologies targets carbon neutrality by 2030
- Cargill adds 200 MW Illinois solar project to renewables portfolio
- GM to install 3,500 employee EV charging stations
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- 2019 NRG Sustainability Report
- Rapid Microgrid Deployments for Emergency Preparedness: Powering field hospitals for COVID-19 and beyond
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Climate Action in the Energy Capital of the World