Commercial, Industrial, Solar - August 6, 2020
Apple, Wells Fargo and others to receive power from Arizona solar
Apple, Boeing, PepsiCo and Wells Fargo were among a list of 21 commercial, municipal and school district customers that have signed agreements to offtake a portion of a 100 MW solar farm in Arizona.
Salt River Project completed agreements with these companies as part of the second phase of their Sustainable Energy Offering, a program meant to provide commercial customers with renewable energy. The first phase was announced in 2018 and included 12 commercial offtakers.
Once operational, the solar facilities will decrease carbon emissions by around 1.6 million tons and provide a total of 33 companies with approximately 300 MW of solar power generated in Arizona.
“Entering into long-term contracts that help fund net-new sources of renewable energy is at the core of our renewable energy strategy,” Richard Henderson, head of Corporate Properties at Wells Fargo, said in a statement. “SRP’s renewable energy offering is an innovative way for Wells Fargo to meet our operational sustainability goals while supporting the communities where we work and live.”
The 100 MW Central Line Solar plant is scheduled to begin commercial operation in December 2021.
The full list of customers who will receive part of the solar farm’s energy output includes:
- Apple, Inc.
- Arizona State University
- Chandler Unified School District
- Circle K Stores
- City of Tempe
- Cox Communications
- Dignity Health
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Gilbert Public Schools
- MATHESON Tri-Gas Inc.
- Resolution Copper Mining
- Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community
- Target Corporation
- Town of Gilbert
- United Dairymen of Arizona
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Wells Fargo Bank
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers