Sourcing Renewables - August 10, 2020
Conservation groups team up on renewable energy
A new collaboration between National Audubon Society, Defenders of Wildlife and EDF Renewables North America intends to help the state of California in its goal of 100% renewable energy while implementing wildlife conservation efforts.
This partnership, announced Aug. 6, will focus on identifying species and natural resources in Eastern Kern County that could benefit from their conservation strategies. EDF Renewables has developed over 1.3 GW of wind and solar projects in Eastern Kern County since 2004 and is a major player in California’s path to 100% renewables, while ensuring that energy projects are complementary to existing land use and respect natural resources.
The Swainson Hawk was identified as a priority species for conservation in California and has been a central concern of the three parties, who have come together under the Swainson’s Hawk Study and Conservation Action Agreement.
“Defenders is pleased to join with EDFR and Audubon in this collaborative effort to protect Swainson’s Hawk while facilitating the development of clean renewable energy,” Pamela Flick, California Program Director for Defenders of Wildlife, said in a statement. “Our world is facing the dual crises of biodiversity loss and climate change and any efforts to address both issues is a win for wildlife and people.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers