Microgrids, Sourcing Renewables - August 20, 2020
Luxury property portfolio in Baja receives clean energy microgrids
International Land Alliance announced Aug. 19 that they will begin powering their portfolio of resort properties with clean energy from a microgrid system.
The San Diego-based land investment and development firm entered into a partnership with CleanSpark, who will provide microgrid power solutions to 252 “off-grid” cabins in the Valle Divino development in Ensenada, Baja, Mexico; 152 luxury villas in the Plaza Bajamar project; and all commercial facilities within both of the developments. These commercial facilities include professional, retail and restaurant locations.
“Developing luxury communities that are both affordable and sustainable is core to our business,” Jason Sunstein, CFO of International Land Alliance, said in a statement. “With the lack of a predictable electric grid connection, these homes would potentially be years away from a reality, but with the CleanSpark partnership, our residents can begin to call Ensenada 'home' in the very near future. Not only will we realize a significant acceleration in our development schedule, but the resilient energy and cost-savings will provide even greater security and value to our homeowners. Sales and buyer interest has increased as border restrictions have been lifted increasing access to our secure, safe and desirable locations.”
The microgrid projects are expected to be deployed over the next 36 months as the residences are constructed. The installations will operate under a long-term software license agreement for CleanSpark’s controls platform and the commissioning of the initial project are projected to occur on or before September 30, 2020.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Illinois plans clean energy overhaul
- Google retroactively offsets all carbon since founding
- Cargill, Ardent Mills complete agreement with Texas solar farm
- Corporate PPAs to account for 20% of new RE generation in the U.S. by 2030
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Summer Edition
- Integrated Renewable Energy - A Simpler Renewable Solution
- How to Engage Your Supply Chain in Sustainability
- Preparing for the Energy Transition, Part 1: Immediate Steps For C&I Facilities
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects