Sourcing Renewables - September 2, 2020
Federal agency to migrate to 100% RE Iron Mountain data centers
Iron Mountain announced Sept. 1 that a large U.S. federal government civilian agency will be expanding their data footprint to 5 MW of the storage company’s 100% renewable energy data centers in Virginia and Colorado.
The agency will be migrating from their current on-site data center into 4 MW of Iron Mountain’s 83-acre data center in Northern Virginia. The company will also transfer the agency’s current 1.5 MW disaster recovery space in Pennsylvania into an expanded disaster recovery space in Denver with an incremental 1 MW of power capacity.
“We are pleased to have this Federal agency join our robust ecosystems in both Northern Virginia and Denver, as we support their digital transformation strategy,” Rick Crutchley, Vice President and General Manager, North America at Iron Mountain Data Centers, said in a statement. “The agency’s decision to expand with Iron Mountain underscores their trust in our value proposition for providing secure and quickly scalable data center solutions, with industry-leading compliance.”
In addition to being run on renewable energy, Iron Mountain’s data centers are enabled with efficient hybrid-IT and offer support for hybrid-IT colocation, local production IT, local/regional business continuity/disaster recovery and consolidation/migration in all campuses.
The lease between Iron Mountain and the federal agency is expected to begin in the second quarter of 2021.
Read These Related Articles:
- Race to Net Zero Episode 3 - Making your move: The evolution of renewable energy
- Iron Mountain to Transition to EVs by 2030
- Iron Mountain Announces 20 New Sustainability Goals
- Iron Mountain Signs New Leases for RE-powered Data Center Space
- Iron Mountain increases resiliency of RE sources
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces 2023 WISE Award Winners
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: Wind vs. Solar; China Dominates Battery Market
- Microsoft Partners to Power Solar Energy
- Smart Energy Decisions Welcomes New Advisory Board Members
- Verizon Enters Into Four REPAs