Solar - October 15, 2020
Konica Minolta Healthcare completes rooftop solar at HQ
Konica Minolta Healthcare Americas announced Oct. 14 the completion of a 461 kW rooftop solar installation at its headquarters in Wayne, N.J.
The solar project was installed by EnterSolar and is expected to generate 541,645 kWh of clean energy annually, which should be enough to match nearly 90% of the facility’s onsite electricity use. Konica Minolta Healthcare is a member of RE100 and is currently pursuing 100% renewable energy sourcing by 2050, with a short term goal of 30% by 2030.
“Environmental sustainability and social responsibility are core tenants of our corporate philosophy,” David Widmann, President and CEO of Konica Minolta Healthcare, said in a statement. “Globally, Konica Minolta’s commitment to renewable energy includes achieving a carbon minus status by 2030. The investment in a rooftop solar system at our US headquarters is one more step toward our goal to source 100 percent renewable energy for all global operations and our commitment to making a difference in the well-being of our planet and our population.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- General Motors, 24/7 Carbon-Free Matching, and Community Solar Added to REF Agenda
- Weekend Reads: Renewables Pit Google Against Utilities; Wind Power on Mars
- Saint-Gobain Signs PPA for 145 Sites
- Weekend Reads: All About COP27; Wind Power Makes Its Debut in the Gulf of Mexico