Sourcing Renewables - November 13, 2020
Penske leases last-mile electric truck to Temco Logistics
Penske Truck Leasing announced Nov. 11 that Temco Logistics, a last-mile delivery service for home appliances in California, has leased an electric eM2 from the Freightliner Innovation Fleet.
The class 6 electric vehicle is currently being used by Temco for deliveries and installation of appliances in residential homes throughout Northern Orange County and the Inland Empire.
“At Temco, we are very excited to continue our journey with sustainability and reduce our carbon footprint,” Jason Woll, senior vice president of logistics engineering at Temco Logistics, said in a statement. “We are thrilled to work with a partner like Penske to help us innovate and design our fleet of delivery vehicles while being an environmentally responsible corporate citizen.”
Penske first began working with Daimler Trucks North America and testing commercial electric trucks from the company’s Freightliner collection in real-world applications in 2018. While used by Temco, the vehicle makes up to 18 stops per day covering 300 miles per week. Once in series production in 2022, the Freightliner eM2 model is expected to have up to 230 miles of range.
Penske Truck Leasing currently supports its electric truck fleet from a network of heavy-duty electric vehicle charging stations at six of its facilities in Southern California.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness