Sourcing Renewables - November 17, 2020
McDonald's Italia to install EV charging stations at 100 locations
McDonald’s Italia announced Nov. 4 that it will be installing 200 new electric vehicle charging stations at 100 of its restaurant car parks in Italy.
The installations will be completed by Enel X and will allow two vehicles to be charged at a time. The two charging stations are the JuicePole model, which has a capacity to charge up to 22 kW, and the JuicePumps, with at least 50 kW of capacity, both of which allow a car to be charged in an average of 30 minutes.
“We are the biggest restaurant chain in the world and we feel we should get directly involved in some of today's more urgent social and environmental challenges,” Tommaso Valle, Corporate Relations and Sustainability Director at McDonald’s Italia, said in a statement. “Through a new partnership with Enel X, which we are really proud of, we can confirm our daily commitment towards reduced environmental impact, making us the promoters of a culture of sustainability, and making the services and tools that contribute to that goal more and more accessible - to our customers first and foremost.”
In total, the two charging stations working at maximum output have the potential to create net savings of over 1,800 tons of CO2. The first stations will be installed at McDonald’s locations in Desio, Eboli, Loreto, San Benedetto del Tronto, Ancona and Osimo.
- Second Microgrid to Bring Renewable Energy to Puerto Rico
- New eBook: Maximize EV Charging Savings
- Understanding Renewable Energy Agreements
- Enel X 2021 Energy Market Outlook
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers
- Better Plants 2021 Progress Update