Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Industrial - June 9, 2021
Saint-Gobain and Greentown Labs Launch Building Efficiency Accelerator
Saint-Gobain, in partnership with Greentown Labs, launched June 9 a building efficiency-focused accelerator program to spur growth in technologies that optimize the energy use of buildings.
The materials manufacturer also collaborated with Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC) on the Greentown Launch Healthy Buildings Challenge. The program will seek applications from startups creating solutions within building materials, coating, envelope systems, digital platforms monitoring and supplemental technologies that advance building sustainability.
“The Healthy Buildings Challenge aligns with our purpose of making the world a better home by identifying building technologies that optimize the health of our people and our climate toward producing sustainable, healthy buildings where people can live, work and play,” Minas Apelian, vice president of external and internal venturing at Saint-Gobain, said in a statement. "Building on the success of the InNOVAte 2019 Challenge, the Healthy Buildings Challenge is an opportunity for Saint-Gobain to partner with Greentown Labs and MassCEC to provide meaningful contributions to a startup's success while also offering mentors who can provide technical and business decision-making guidance from experts in the industry."
Startups selected for the challenge will be given mentorship and guidance from Saint-Gobain, in addition to networking opportunities, educational workshops and membership at Greentown Labs during the program. Participants will also receive $25,000 in non-dilutive grant funding.
Saint-Gobain previously worked with Greentown Labs to launch a similar challenge, InNOVAte 2019, to encourage innovation in building value chains.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- 7-Eleven Plans 500 New EV Chargers for North American Stores
- Ford's New Science-Based Targets Revealed
- Georgetown University Partnership Boosts Energy Efficiency, Sustainability Goals
- Netflix unveils 2022 net zero ambition
- Starbucks Commissions Community Solar Projects for New York State
- Setting Sustainability Goals and Meeting Them with Reduction Targets
- The Essential Guide to Marketing Renewable Energy Achievements
- Ohio Public Schools Partner with EDP Renewables to Go Green
- The State of Demand-Side Energy Management in North America
- How to Kick-Start the Carbon Removal Market: Shopify's Playbook