GHG Emissions, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - July 14, 2021
Johnson & Johnson Signs European VPPA for Fully Renewable Power Supply
Johnson & Johnson announced on July 13 that it has signed a 10-year, fully renewable Pan-European VPPA for 270 GWh/year of renewable power. The VPPA will help bring Johnson & Johnson to the equivalent of 100% renewable electricity in Europe by 2023—a huge step towards its climate goal of 100% renewable electricity globally by 2025.
The energy supply envisaged by Enel Green Power España will be generated in three renewable plants currently under construction, creating a hybrid energy mix that will combine solar and wind sources. Campillo II and III Wind Farms, part of a cluster located in the Spanish province of Cuenca that will begin construction in the last quarter of 2021, will produce 85% of the power. The remaining 15% will be provided by the 47 MW PV plant Veracruzin Badajoz. Through the agreement, the renewable energy provided to Johnson & Johnson will avoid the annual emission of around 130,720 tons of CO2 into the atmosphere.
“We are very proud to sign this agreement with Johnson & Johnson and to become their ‘Green Enablers.’ The Virtual Power Purchase Agreement is a fundamental tool in Johnson & Johnson’s progress towards the equivalent of 100% renewable electricity in Europe by 2023,” Salvatore Bernabei, CEO of Enel Green Power and Head of Enel's Global Power Generation business line, said in a statement. “This innovative agreement, with a hybrid combination of wind and solar renewable sources, is showcasing the possibilities that Pan-European Virtual PPAs can offer to companies, boosting their sustainability journey towards the fight against climate change throughout the continent.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- IKEA, Destination: Net Zero Lead Net Zero Forum Agenda
- Coca-Cola Launches Sustainability-Focused Venture Capital Fund
- Seven Automakers Create EV Charging Network
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces Winners of Inaugural DEI Impact Awards
- Spotlight Sessions Set for Net Zero Fall