GHG Emissions, Industrial - August 3, 2021
CEMEX Joins Carbon Neutrality Coalitions
CEMEX announced Aug. 2 that it has joined the Business Ambition for 1.5°C commitment and The Race to Zero Campaign to support its carbon neutrality ambitions.
The global construction materials company also submitted for validation by the Science Based Targets initiative a new 2030 target of releasing less than 475 kilograms of CO2 per ton of cementitious product. This will mark a substantial milestone in the company’s pursuit of creating net-zero concrete by 2050.
“In the road leading up to the COP26, I am delighted to announce that we have signed the Business Ambition for 1.5°C and joined The Race to Zero Campaign,” CEO Fernando A. González said in a statement. “CEMEX’s commitment to Climate Action runs deeps, and we are excited to partner with prominent global organizations to deliver on this challenge. Implementing climate solutions require active collaboration between industry, governments, non-governmental organizations, and multilateral agencies, and we intend to continue to play an active role in these efforts. We encourage others to join us in this important challenge.”
The Business Ambition for 1.5°C program is led by the We Mean Business Coalition in partnership with the Science Based Targets initiative and the U.N. Global Compact. The Race to Zero Campaign is an initiative of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change created ahead of the 26th Climate Change Conference of the Parties scheduled for November.
- Cemex to Reduce Road Transportation Emissions
- CEMEX UK Plant to Operate on Alternative Fuels
- CEMEX to Turn CO2 Into Sustainable Aviation Fuel
- CEMEX to reduce European emissions 55% as 2020 goal is met
- CEMEX targets 35% emissions cut by 2030
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: Unpacking Congress' Historic Climate Bill; How Heatwaves Are Hindering Solar Power
- Smart Energy Decisions (SED) Joins Diversified Communications
- Weekend Reads: American Support for Climate Change Measures; Tesla Launches Virtual Power Plants in Japan
- Sealed Air Invests in Solar