Commercial, Solar - September 8, 2021
Amazon Inks First PPA in Japan for 22 MW of Solar
Amazon will soon be powering more of its Amazon Web Services data centers with solar power through a PPA in Japan.
The retail giant completed an agreement with Mitsubishi Corporation, facilitated by MC Retail Energy Co., for 22 MW of solar capacity. West Holdings Corporation will build and maintain nearly 450 solar installations to meet the capacity.
The deal will last for approximately ten years and the solar projects are expected to begin commercial operation in April 2023. The solar energy provided by the agreement will help Amazon in reaching its goal to use only renewable electricity by 2025.
This is Amazon’s first PPA originating in Japan. MC previously completed an energy agreement with Amazon through its Eneco subsidiary for the offshore wind farm Hollande Kust Noord.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint
- US Steel Explores Expansion of Low-Carbon Products