Commercial, GHG Emissions - September 15, 2021
PepsiCo Launches pep+ Sustainability Initiative
PepsiCo announced Sept. 15 the launch of its pep+ sustainability transformation that will focus the company’s sustainability efforts across its operations and value chain.
The system has three main pillars: Positive Agriculture, Positive Value Chain and Positive Choices.
The Positive Value Chain pillar focuses on PepsiCo’s goal to achieve net-zero emissions by 2040, as well as its water conservation and virgin plastic use goals. Positive Agriculture will focus on advocating for regenerative practices across the company’s agricultural footprint.
Positive Choices will work on using the reach of its global brands to promote sustainable consumer choices and evolving its portfolio into more environmentally-friendly products.
The pep+ program will act as the cornerstone for all business decisions PepsiCo makes in the future.
“pep+ is the future of our company – a fundamental transformation of what we do and how we do it to create growth and shared value with sustainability and human capital at the center. It reflects a new business reality, where consumers are becoming more interested in the future of the planet and society,” Ramon Laguarta, PepsiCo's chairman and CEO, said in a statement. “pep+ will change our brands and how they win in the market.”
- PepsiCo, McCormick, Best Buy, ViacomCBS Claim 140 MW from Texas Solar
- PepsiCo Bottling Facility in N.J. Adds Rooftop Solar
- PepsiCo pledges net-zero emissions by 2040
- PepsiCo releases first updates on $1 billion green bond
- PepsiCo targets 100% RE across all global operations
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers