Commercial, Solar - September 16, 2021
lululemon Achieves 100% RE Use with New Solar Deal
lululemon athletica will soon achieve its 2021 goal of sourcing 100% renewable electricity thanks to a VPPA completed Sept. 15.
The athletic apparel brand signed an agreement with Enel Green Power North America for 15 MW from its 350 MW Azure Sky Wind project in Texas. This energy will cover the electricity needs of all its company-operated stores, offices, and warehouse facilities in North America.
This is lululemon’s first VPPA with a renewable energy project and was facilitated by LevelTen Energy. For its global energy footprint, the company will reach 100% renewable electricity by purchasing renewable energy credits. lululemon also plans to support the development of new renewable energy projects in its global markets in the future.
“lululemon is committed to helping create an apparel industry that is both sustainable and inclusive, and addresses the serious implications of climate change, including working toward a net-zero future and cutting carbon emissions across our value chain,” Esther Speck, VP of Sustainable Business and Impact at lululemon, said in a statement. “Science clearly shows the urgent need to act now. That's why, among others, we've partnered with Enel Green Power North America to accelerate the transition to renewable energy and reduce our emissions footprint. This agreement is an important milestone on our journey toward cleaner energy and a healthier planet.”
The Azure Sky Wind and Storage project is expected to be operational in the first half of 2022 and should generate over 1,300 GWh annually. A 137 MW battery storage system will accompany the installation.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness