Commercial, GHG Emissions - September 20, 2021
ServiceNow Unveils Decarbonization Plan
ServiceNow released Sept. 20 its plans to achieve net-zero emissions by 2030.
This accelerated the cloud-based digital workflow platform’s previous commitment to achieve net-zero emissions before 2050. ServiceNow found through an external assessment that 93% of its emissions come from its value chain and it now plans to focus on both internal energy-use reduction and engaging its suppliers on carbon reduction. One such program is its datacenter programs supporting the acquisition by its datacenter operators of sustainability certifications.
To further reduce its carbon footprint, ServiceNow also plans to purchase high-quality carbon offsets from Everland to support forest conservation programs within the Congo Basin. The company plans to donate one million dollars over the next two years to nonprofits that are focused on decarbonization as well.
ServiceNow plans to submit these targets to the Science Based Targets initiative for approval. The company also joined the Business Ambition for 1.5°C led by the SBTi and the UN Global Compact and We Mean Business coalition.
“As ServiceNow becomes the defining enterprise software company of the 21st century, we are steadfast in our goal to create positive impact in the world,” CFO Gina Mastantuono said in a statement. “We’re committed to making an impact and changing the way the world works by reaching Net-Zero GHG emissions two decades early – a crucial step in the right direction.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- CEO Alliance Calls for Climate Action at the G7 Summit
- Weekend Reads: Google's Vision of a Carbon-Free HQ; San Diego's RE Future
- Ahold Delhaize Commits to Net-zero Target by 2040
- 2021 Renewable Energy Market Analysis
- 2021 State of Distributed Energy Resources Study
- Leveraging New Technologies to Modernize Infrastructure and Improve Energy Efficiency in America's Cities
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings